Those of you who will be attending the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting in San Francisco this month are invited to please join us at the AgMIP Town Hall event on Tuesday, December 13th, at 6:10pm in Moscone West 2016.
A panel of AgMIP leaders will provide an overview of the current state of AgMIP and plans for the coming year, highlighting:
– results from our local, regional, and global modeling efforts for climate, crops, livestock, and economics
– new AgMIP activities and initiatives related to nutrition, pests & diseases, irrigation, crop damage functions for integrated assessment models, and canola
– an update on AgMIP’s Coordinated Global and Regional Assessments of climate impacts on agriculture and food security, which links AgMIP activities across scales and disciplines to address major challenges today an in the future.
– AgMIP information technologies that facilitate high-performance agricultural modeling and intercomparison
– Applications for sustainable development
– Priorities for the next generation of agricultural models and applications
We will also hold an open discussion to identify opportunities for participation, new ideas for collaboration, and priority areas for enhanced development and application.
Please see the listing on the AGU Fall Meeting website here.